MOVING? Tips to help you find the perfect neighborhood:
This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Apartamentos.com and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Change is good, verdad? When change includes a move, its all about having the appropriate tools to ensure that this new life phase starts in the most pleasant way possible. No matter if you prefer English or Español, its important that you are able to gather all the information you need to make the smartest decision possible.
Having just moved to Texas from Florida, I know all too well the stress involved in moving your life and having a tool like Apartamentos.com is extremely helpful in this process. For those who don’t know, Apartamentos.com is the nation’s only exclusively Spanish apartment-listing site. They boast the most properties of any rental site with over 800,000 listings, ranging from apartments and condos to townhomes and single-family rentals.
Saying that, I was very excited to partner with them to share with you these 5 Tips to Find the Perfect Neighborhood.
- Consider budget: Know your ideal range and make sure you stay focused. It is easy to get side-tracked to look around at the properties you can’t afford just now – but use those filter tools as much as possible!
- Proximity to work/schools/other important locations: Especially if you live in a large city, you know that your commute can totally make or break your living experience. Having lived in both Miami and South Texas – I can say that a 15 minute means something totally different depending on the location…so make sure you also research the traffic patterns!
- Neighborhood guide insights: This information is extremely helpful when you are moving to a new city (which was defintely my case when I moved to Texas!). Apartamentos.com offers a great overview of the basic insights you should know about a neighborhood before considering moving there. From there, as you are narrowing down your search, I would also recommend driving through the area a few times a week (if you can) so you can see for yourself the day and nighttime activity and get a good feel for the area.
- Landlord vibes: Once you think you might have found the one, its important you interact with the landlord before you sign on the dotted line. Make sure you have a friendly vibe between the person you will be renting from as this can make or break your experience.
- Special touches that makes it a perfect fit: Beyond all of the pros/cons you start to make about the different properties, I also say to keep in mind those little touches that will mean something to your family. In my case, I made the final decision on my rental in Texas because I knew my puppy Peach would finally get the perfect look-out place that she always wanted. Seeing her enjoy her window ledge on a daily basis helps me feel confident that I made the best decision for the familia!
So whether you are just getting started in your rental search process or elbow deep in options, defintely take a look at Apartamentos.com…especialmente si te sientes mas cómodo en español! But apart from the language perk, the website is built with custom search tools, making it the most convenient and dependable way to find a dream rental! It is the ultimate, one-stop-shop to find the perfect place to live.
In the meantime, here is a little video where I get to show off my new apartment in South Texas!
After you take the time, I know you will be confident that you made the right choice for your nueva vida that is perfect for yourself and your familia! I leave you with this photo of my precious pup enjoying her view out of her brand her apartment. Now that is a happy ending!