Gringa Favorites: Tasty Summer Cocktails
What better way to celebrate the start of summer than with a fresh, delicious cocktail that welcomes the warmer weather? To help us handle the heat of Miami, we have gathered a few summer cocktail recipes that will hopefully you will love as much as we do!
Created by Colombian mixologist J.D. Marin, The Light, will help kick-off the summer season. The result is a crisp, pleasantly complex drink that is perfect to enjoy with family and friends while basking in all that extra sunshine – or moonlight.
- 1.5 oz Buchanan’s DeLuxe
- 1/2 oz Orgeat
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Orange Juice
- Orange Peel
- Add the orgeat, lemon juice, orange juice and Buchanan’s DeLuxe to a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with the orange peel.
Ideal Serve: Rocks Glass, Yield: 1 drink, no drink contains more than 0.6 fluid ounces of alcohol
The Mexican Sun
Celebrate the arrival of Summer with The Mexican Sun, a cocktail created by mixologist, Eddie Fuentes inspired by Mexico, the home of agave and birthplace of tequila. Its vibrant, orange hue reminded him of hot summer nights right before the sun sets down over the Aztec horizon. This cocktail incorporates sophisticated components, such as peppercorn, ginger and turmeric, to the Tequila Don Julio Añejo, which are at once sweet, savory, and spicy, making for a one-of- a-kind treat. So tasty!!
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila Don Julio Añejo
- 1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Pink Peppercorn Syrup*
- 1/3 oz Carrot Juice with Fresh Turmeric
- Mezcal Spray
- Candied Ginger, Marigold Petals, Fresh Pink Peppercorn and Lemon Verbena for Garnish
*Pink Peppercorn Syrup: Ingredients: 32 oz Sugar, 16 oz Ginger Root Juice, 2 1/2 oz Crushed Pink Peppercorn, Pinch of Salt
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Añejo, fresh squeezed lime juice, pink peppercorn syrup and carrot juice with fresh turmeric into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Pour contents into a Collins glass.
- Garnish with lemon verbena, candied ginger, marigold petals, and top with fresh ground pink peppercorn.
Ideal Serve: Collins Glass, Yield: 1 drink, no drink contains more than 0.6 fluid ounces of alcohol
Don’t these sound like a great way to fight the heat of the summer months? Cheers to the start of the summer season!