Father’s Day Gift Ideas for the “Handy” Dad
Disclaimer: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Sears, however, all opinions are my own.
With Father’s Day upon us, so is the annual riddle – what does Dad really want? This year, we’d like you to help you solve that riddle by working with my real life dad to put together a Father’s Day wish list from Sears. This way, you can rest assured that the items are picking from are “dad-approved” already! So I had a FaceTime session with my dad to let him know about my plan!
While Sears has gifts that are great for all different types of dads, my father definitely falls in the category of the “Handy Dad” which means his wish list is full of Craftsman tools and other supplies for his “fix-it” projects. I asked him to take a look at the Destination Dad section on Sears.com to give me an idea of what he might like/need for Father’s Day.
After browsing through this section (like a kid in the candy store), he put together what he thought would be the ideal list for any “Handy Dad” during Father’s Day.
- Storage Hook Set: Do your dad a favor and help him get his tool area more organized, which will make his projects so much easier.
- Utility/Garden cart: Great for more than just moving around plants, once your dad has his own utility cart, he will wonder how he’s gone this long without on!
- Composter bin: For the dads who love to garden and want to try out a different technique for mulching.
- Wet/Dry Vac: These come in handy for all types of projects, so its a must-have for any handy dad.
- Weedwacker: There’s a pretty good chance your dad has been using the same old weedwacker for years and years, so why not give him an upgrade?
Little did my dad know, but this list was also pre-text to find out what items where on his wish list for Father’s Day. After we talked on the phone, I made a trip to my local Sears to see which of those items I was going to get for him. My decision was made for me, when I arrived to find a big display for the Wet/Dry Vac…so I took that as a sign to be the perfect gift for my papa!
If you ready to get your Father’s Day shopping done, you can get a bit of a head start during the Member Private Event on Sunday, June 12. During this event, members will receive great deals on items with an extra 10-15% back in points; and an extra 5% back if members purchase using the Sears app…so potentially an extra 15-20% back in points! For more info on this, visit Sears.com/destinationdad.
Plus, because they are so awesome, our friends at Sears have provided us with a $100 Sears gift card to give away to our readers! Just follow the prompts below to be entered to win! Winner is chosen at random and contacted via email by June 19th. Suerte!