5 Reasons to Watch El Señor de los Cielos 4
La Gringa Novelera here! If it’s Spring, it must be time for a new season of the wackiest NarcoNovela I know, “El Senor de los Cielos” on Telemundo! We are at the start an unprecedented fourth season, and here are just a few of the reasons why you want watch it this season!
- La Calaca joins the cast! Traditionally, “La Calaca” is the female figure of a human skull or skeleton, and we typically see her in the Day of the Dead celebrations. And if this was a Social Studies class, that would be the end of the lesson. But this is a SuperScarySuperSeries, and in ESDLC4, La Calaca is more than just a piece of skeleton eye-candy – she is going to stalk Aurelio like a bad Tinder “date” and only one of them is going to win.
- Vanessa Villela!! You know Vanessa from the novelas Una Maid en Manhattan & En Otra Piel (to name just two), so buckle your seatbelt because we are in for a nail-biting ride! Vanessa s always one of the meanest, scariest, and most seductive characters in any novela she is in, and I don’t know who she is taking on in ESDLC4, but my advice to the antagonists and crazy-eyed killers in this series is that they had all better step off and show some respect, because there is a new lunatic in town.
- Maritza Rodriguez!!! The talented and beautiful Maritza Rodriguez joined the cast last season as “Amparo Rojas,” the repressed, no-nonsense sister of the wild and crazy Matilde Rojas. Amparo rejected Aurelio’s non-stop advances and his Narco Business, and was devoted to her nephew and to finding new kidney for Aurelio. She decided to call all of his ex-hookups to see if Aurelio had any kids out there that he didn’t know about. Besides getting a bad case of cauliflower ear from being on the phone so much, Amparo’s heart must have melted a little. Now, in Season 4, it seems that the Narco Clara Barton got her groove back in a big way, if her full-metal makeouts with Aurelio in the promos are any indication.
- Aaron Diaz!!!! Que?!? COMO?! Muchas gracias Telemundo for giving us Aaron in this new season! EVERYONE in the whole world knows who he is, but what you may not know is that there is a national monument to his cheekbones in Puerta Vallarta. Who cares if he is a Good Guy or a Bad Guy?! The Aaron Diaz Exception applies to any role that he is in, and there are no good guys in this show, only Bad and Worse guys!
- Rafael Amaya!!!!! The most charismatic Narco in NarcoNovela history will continue to stun us with his charm in Season 4. As a law-enforcement semi-professional, I don’t think that I could ever prosecute him, because he might not ever call me for a date. Unfortunately, he’s going to pay for his sins this season, if his nightmares about hooking-up with La Calaca while Don Feo squeezes his kidney are any indication.
This season Aurelio’s past is going to catch up with him. And you can always catch up on this show and other Telemundo novelas with me! Follow me and the Narco hi jinx on Twitter and Facebook @gringanovelera!