Gina Rodriguez Emmys 2015: Get the Look
Always looking like the estrella that she is, Gina Rodriguez was glowing at the red carpet of the 2015 Emmys…and not just from the steamy LA temperature! Makeup artist, Carissa Ferreri for L’Oréal Paris, shared the step by step instructions on how you can get the bombshell look that Gina was working on the carpet. The inspiration for her makeup was actually Gina’s dress, which was more more dramatic from anything she’s ever worn.
How to Get Gina’s Emmy Look:
- STEP 1: Carissa prepped and imparted a glowing base to the face using L’Oréal Paris Youth Code All-In-One Skin Illuminator ($17.99) and to brighten eyes and diminish dark circles, she applied L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal Eye Cream ($24.99).
- STEP 2: To achieve Gina’s smoky eye, Carissa used mainly grey and charcoal matte tones from L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude in 01 ($19.99). She accentuated the outer corner of the eye using the charcoal shimmer shadow.
- STEP 3: For a natural-looking brow, Carissa penciled in light strokes of L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Designer ($7.99).
- STEP 4: To create full, dramatic lashes, Carissa turned to NEW L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara ($9.99), and then lined the inner corner of the eyelids with NEW L’Oréal Paris Superstar Liner ($9.99).
- STEP 5: Carissa mixed L’Oréal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($10.95) – shades 106 and 107 – in with a touch of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in N201 Rose ($12.99) to enhance Gina’s skin with a beautiful glow. Using a mini sponge applicator she blended L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in C302 Ice ($12.99) on top of the cheek bone for added luminosity.
- STEP 6: Last, she applied L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Pen in 102 She’s So Matte ($9.99) and a touch ofL’Oréal Paris Pro Last Lipcolor for a long-lasting lip.
Fabulous right? Love seeing her work the carpet, am I right?