Allergy Season in Miami: Beauty and Fashion Tips from Kika Rocha
While we do enjoy some amazing weather in Miami, with the warmer temps, we also suffer with our extreme humidity hair and an intense allergy season! I usually just suck it up when my allergies get my down, but I was excited to catch up with fashion and beauty expert, Kika Rocha, who was able to share some of her tips to make it through the allergy season without missing out on any 305 fun!
Kika knows too well that she shouldn’t endure her allergies during the spring or fall, the first thing she does when she feels that her allergies are acting up is take an antihistamine like ZYRTEC®, which starts working to relieve her allergy symptoms from the first hour of the first day, to help her feel better. Then, she follows these beauty solutions to help her look better during the spike of allergy season.
These are a few of Kika Rocha’s go-to beauty tricks, that are great to help combat ALLERGY FACE® beauty challenges. On the
- A yellow-based concealer/highlighter is a must-have for covering up dark circles and puffiness due to allergies, which helps brighten up your face.
- When your eyes are watery and your nose is red from allergies, brighten up your lips with a bold shade of lipstick.
- Every woman should have a waterproof mascara and a clear mascara in her makeup bag, whether she’s an allergy sufferer or not. Waterproof mascara will stay in place all day, even if you’re dealing with watery eyes caused by allergies.
- Instead of layering on a heavy foundation, I recommend a CC “color correcting” or BB “ blemish balm” cream that matches your skin tone. The lighter consistency makes it easier to reapply around the chin and eyes, and camouflage redness caused by allergies around the nose.
- Bronzer is a great tool for chiseling and contouring puffiness caused by allergies, but make sure you select the right shade for your skin tone.
- When you’re on the go, and you don’t have your makeup bag of tricks handy, a bottle of cold water will not only keep you hydrated, but it will help reduce puffiness caused by allergies. It’s always important to stay hydrated from the inside out by drinking plenty of fluids and eating foods high in water content.
On the worst allergy days, Kika Rocha’s best advice is to layer on chic accessories and use color to offset ALLERGY FACE® beauty challenges – watery eyes, a red nose and puffiness caused by allergies. Here are just a few of her fashion tricks to play up your sense of style:
1. A beautiful and bold necklace will direct all eyes away from your ALLERGY FACE® beauty challenges, whether you’re dealing with puffiness, a red nose or watery eyes.
2. Indulge in a pair of pearl earrings or accessories to combat redness caused by allergies. Pearls will make your teeth look whiter and the whites of your eyes will pop.
3. For spring, a full skirt is a comfortable, feminine, fashion statement that is slimming for women with fuller figures. What’s more, they make such a statement that they help draw attention away from puffiness or any other ALLERGY FACE® beauty challenge.
4. A white blouse is the perfect solution on days when you’re dealing with ALLERGY FACE® beauty challenges, especially redness. White brightens up your complexion and acts as an instant neutralizer.
5. One shade that will stand out this spring is an icy, pastel blue. It looks great on all skin tones and can help neutralize any redness caused by allergies.
Below is a photo of me at the Zyrtec event, where they applied some of the beauty tips for me. No allergy face for me, right?
Once Kika helped me to apply these beauty tips, I was able to get a preview of the Gilt City Warehouse sale which was absolutely spectacular! I definitely kept Kika’s fashion tips in mind as I was perusing through rows and rows of amazingly discounted pieces.
Thanks so much to our amigos at Zyrtec for the invitation to this great evento y to Kika Rocha for chatting with us!