JLo at Oscars 2015: Get the Look
No doubt, JLo was one of the best-dressed and best-styled estrellas on the red carpet during the 2015 Oscars. Social media blew up with photos of her amazing dress the moment she walked onto the red carpet and fans couldn’t get enough JLo throughout the evening. Apart from her vestido, her look was obviously flawless (in true Jennifer Lopez style)…so our friends at L’Oréal Paris send us the step by step directions on how to obtain her makeup, hair, and nails from the Oscars.
Let’s start with the makeup! A departure from Jennifer’s Golden Globes look, the makeup artist, Mary Phillips’ inspiration was drawn mostly by Jennifer’s sparkly, ethereal gown. As such, she stuck to a monochromatic palette of warm peaches and diffused bronzes around her eye, paired with a cool toned pink lip that had glacier blue undertones. The moment felt very royal – almost princess-like.
- STEP 1: Mary prepped the skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Moisture Blur ($24.99)
- STEP 2: Next, she applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Tan ($12.99) followed by Armani Fluid Sheer #13 as a highlighter
- STEP 3: She enhanced brows using L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Designer in Blonde ($7.99).
- STEP 4: To create the eye look, Mary turned to NEW L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude ($19.99, available in April) followed by accents of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Smokissime Powder Eyeliner Pen in Taupe Smoke ($9.99)
- STEP 5: She then curled lashes and applied multiple coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara($7.99)
- STEP 6: To complete the look, she used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Color in Timeless Rose ($12.99) on the lips
For her flawless hairstyle, Lorenzo Martin for L’Oréal Paris explained that “Jennifer’s dress was truly the inspiration behind her hair tonight. I wanted to keep Jennifer’s big, beautiful dress the star of the show, and so her hairstyle was simple and chic. The sleek high ponytail was also great for the rainy weather!”
- STEP 1: To begin, wash hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo ($4.99), Pre-Conditioner ($6.99), and Conditioner ($4.99)
- STEP 2: After washing, massage L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Straight Perfecting Balm ($6.99) all over wet hair to fight against humidity
- STEP 3: Blow dry hair with a round brush
- STEP 4: Set hair in big, hot rollers to create volume. Once set, remove the rollers and brush through the hair spraying onL’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Strand Smoother Serum Spray ($4.99)
- STEP 5: Gather hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic with metal hooks on each end to keep the ponytail high
- STEP 6: Finish the look off with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Lock It Weather Control Hairspray ($4.99) to combat the rainy weather
- AT-HOME HAIR COLOR RECOMMENDATION: Get Jennifer’s gorgeous highlighted hair at-home with L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Glam Lights in GL50 ($12.99)
Finally, to top off the look, her nails were also on point! The nail artist, Tom Bachik, shared that “Tonight it was all about the dress. The gown was the star of the show and we wanted to create a monochromatic, tonal nail look that would enhance the overall look.”
- STEP 1: Tom added a little length to nails with clear tips to create a 1930s almond shape
- STEP 2: For a subtle, sparkly contrast, he applied L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in I Like It Chunky ($5.99) underneath the nail, adding a pop of rose gold
- STEP 3: Last, he added 2 coats of L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in Mauveless ($5.99) and completed the look withL’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil ($24.99) for shine and moisture
Simple enough, right? Well, now that we have the secrets to her hair, makeup, and nails…anyone know where we can get an amazing sparkling gown like she was wearing?