Gina Rodriguez at GRAMMYs 2015: Get the Look
Don’t know about you, but we loved seeing Gina Rodriguez on the red carpet of the 2015 GRAMMYs. This lovely latina is hot off her win at the Golden Globes and she was absolutely glowing as she was walking the carpet prior to the event. She was looking flawless! Our friends over at L’Oréal Paris are to thank for her makeup, so they shared with us the step-by-step guide to get this look!
The makeup artist, Carissa Ferreri, was inspired by Gina’s disco-like white dress and luscious waves, creating a natural look with a major focus on the eyes. She used a mix of gold shadows and created a defined brow, making that Gina’s focal point of her makeup look. This time around, Carissa started with the eyes and worked her way to full-face makeup last.
- STEP 1: Prep skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99) to moisturize and prime.
- Tip: Carissa used L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Eye Smoother ($24.99) to remove Gina’s dark circles (you know we all have them!)
- STEP 2: Apply a mix of shadows starting with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow in Amber Rush ($7.95) on the lid and Eternal Sunshine on the inner and outer corner. To add depth and definition, use L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Emerald Conquest ($9.99) on the crease and L’Oréal Paris Infallible Smokissime in Black ($9.99) on the lash line.
- Tip: Carissa slightly wet the shadow to add a more pigmented and rich color
- STEP 3: To complete the eyes, apply L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara ($8.99) on the upper and lower lashes. On the lower lash line apply L’Oréal Paris Silkissime Eyeliner in Highlighter ($8.99)
- STEP 4: To create a full natural brow, lightly stroke the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Designer ($7.99) and comb the hairs upward with the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark ($8.99) give them a fuller defined look.
- STEP 5: As the last step, apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Caramel Beige ($12.99). Lightly dab the L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Blur Blush ($12.99) on the apple of your cheeks. Remove face shine with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Powder ($16.99).
- STEP 6: For the natural lip, use L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor in Permanent Blush ($12.99).
- STEP 7: Finally, set makeup with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray ($16.99), which creates a “just applied” look that’ll last all day.
Seems simple enough, verdad? This makeup look is sure to impress on your next noche on the town! If you want to snag any of the items listed in to the steps, they are all available at LorealParisUSA.com mass and drugstores nationwide