BattleDish Miami: Chef Andres Meraz Interview
Battledish, the international chef competition, is coming to Miami! This cooking contest, organized by Dish Crawl Miami features local chefs competing for all the gastro-glory and various titles such as Tastiest, Most Creative, Best Modern, Most Authentic and Best Cocktail. Here in the 305, the Battledish Miami competition will take place in Miami Beach with seven lucky chefs on Saturday, October 5th, starting at 2pm.
So which are the chefs who are competing? Here is the lista plus check out our entrevista with Chef Andres below:
- Chef Andres Meraz, Chef de Cuisine, The Dilido Beach Club at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach
- Chef Doug Sisk, Executive Chef, The Social Club at Kimpton’s Surfcomber South Beach
- Chef Nicolas Cabrera, Executive Chef, Baires Grill
- Chef Fabrizio Carro and Chef Nicola Carro, Executive Chefs, Quattro Gastronomia Italiana
- Chef Steve Rhee, Sous Chef, Terrazza at the Shore Club
- Chef Rene Omar Castillo, Executive Chef, Barezzito South Beach
I’m feeling hungry just thinking about the delicious dishes that will be prepared by these chefs! You better believe I will be there as one of the guest judges for the competition….because I love to enjoy good comida! But what’s extra fun about this competition is that it is actually open to the public ($15 entrance fee), so guests can enjoy the delectable dishes that the chefs create and also vote on their favorites!
Only one chef will emerge King of Battledish…check out the DishCrawl website for más information on the event and how to get your tickets!