Cinco de Mayo Fab Fiesta DIY Nail Art by CoverGirl
Who else is getting ready for some Cinco de Mayo fun this weekend? While, I am well aware of the actual reason el 5 de mayo is celebrated in Mexico (La batalla de Puebla)…it doesn’t mean that I don’t like a reason to go out and celebrate with my friends! For those chicas who also like to incorporate some fun fashion into the holiday, we have for you a step-by-step on how to create some modern Cinco De Mayo nail art using CoverGirl’s Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss collection! I have to say that when I had this nail art done to me last month during Hispanicize by the fabulous celebrity manicurist “Mar y Soul,” I received so many compliments so I know you will all love it.
Las Gringas Blog Cinco de Mayo Nail Look by CoverGirl
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss Colors: Ever Reddy #175, Go-Go Mango # 245, Vio-Last # 300, Mint Mojito # 285, Out of the Blue # 295
- Apply two coats of Ever Reddy
- Design number 1: ‘tortilla chip’ tip
- Using Vio-Last paint an upside-down triangle on any nail.
- Design number 2: fishtail french
- First paint a diagonal in Mint Mojito, then with Vio-Last paint a diagonal crossing over Mint Mojito.
- Design number 3: hacienda half-moon
- Using Out of the Blue paint a square on your half-moon. Paint a smaller square above that. Paint a dot above the smaller square for three tier look.
- Using Go-Go Mango paint a square above your blue three tier look. With Go-Go Mango paint another little dot to give it a two tier look above the square.
- Design number 4: Cinco de Mayo color block
- Draw a horizontal line across bottom half of the nail using Vio-Last.
- Using Mint Mojito draw a vertical line over half of the nail.
Tip: For this look we mixed and matched four designs. Dare to them all in one look, or stick to one at a time.