Gringa Favorites: Romantic Hairstyles for Valentine’s Day
Are you chicas ready to get your romance on? Whether you have plans with your novio, significant other…or a fun night plans with friends- Valentine’s Day is just a great excuse to get all dolled up! To help you come up with some great hairstyles, Leonardo Rocco, Suave celebrity expert and hair extraordinaire has shared with us some step-by-step instructions that will make you shine on one of the most romantic days of the year! From a romantic updo for the long-term relationship girls, a sleek hairstyle for a night out with friends, to a side braid to break the ice on the first date, Rocco has you covered!
- Start by washing your hair with a shampoo and conditioner that cleanse gently while repairing the damaged parts for manageable and shiny hair, like the shampoo and conditioner system from the NEW Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion line. Then, apply Suave Professionals® Volumizing Mousse on the roots and rub it in to revive your hair. Then, part it deep to one side.
- Run your hair into a low ponytail on the other side of your hair part but do not secure it. The next step is getting the French braid done on the smaller side of the part. French braiding is similar to normal braiding except you have to keep adding as you go along braiding to the pony tail.
- Add 5 to 7 sections in a similar way and bread normally along the curve of the head until you get to the neck. The trick behind these braids is to keep them loose and romantic. Secure your braid with a transparent elastic.
- Repeat the same step and create similar braids on the other side of the hair, part until reaching the other braid behind the ear. Once you’re finished with the both sides join the two with elastic and wrap the ponytail with another section of hair around the base
- After washing your hair, apply Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil to smooth the cuticle and add shine. Proceed to dry it completely with a big paddle brush and hairdryer at medium heat.
- If you want to achieve an extremely sleek ponytail, flat iron the hair to straighten it completely. But first it’s important to protect it from the heat with a heat protector like Suave Professionals Heat Protection Spray.
- Before tying it into a ponytail, apply a bit of hair spray in the front part of the hair, which will help you structure it better. Brush your hair straight back with a fine-tooth comb, and tie it all into a ponytail at the back of your head with an elastic band the color of your hair.
- To cover the elastic band, twist a strand of hair around the hair tie and fasten it with bobby pins. Finish by applying Suave Professionals Vibrant Shine Spray generously to complete the look and achieve an extra shiny ponytail.
- Start by washing your hair with a shampoo and conditioner that cleanse gently while repairing the damaged parts for manageable and shiny hair, like the shampoo and conditioner system from the NEW Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion line.
- Before drying hair, use a mousse to define and add volume to the hair, like the Suave Professionals® Volumizing Mousse and without brushing, proceed to dry it with a hairdryer on low heat.
- Divide your hair in two halves into an upper and a lower section, take the superior part and tease it a little bit. Starting from the front and back, take sections of hair and loosely fasten them in the back of your head with bobby pins. Repeat this step until you are finished and don’t worry about a making it perfect since it is meant to look bit messy.
- If you want to add additional volume, delicately run your finger through the top of the hair, slightly elevating it and finish by spraying Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray all over it, to make sure you look fabulous all night long.