Premio Lo Nuestro 2013: Must See List
This is the big week! Univision’s “ 2013 Premio Lo Nuestro a la Música Latina,” the longest running Latin music awards show in the U.S., has finally arrived! This year’s Premios is sure to bring viewers an extraordinary noche filled with awesome live performances, never-before-seen duos, and long-awaited musical comebacks.
While this is a 3 hour affair, packed with tons of exciting moments, I’ve pulled together my list of Top 5 Must-See moments that I’m predicting for the noche:
Must See Lista of Premio Lo Nuestro 2013:
- Los Bachateros: Is this the year of the bachata, or what? Both Romeo Santos and Prince Royce will be performing at the PLNs…and I’m sure the chicas will be going locas!
- Viva Mexico Moments: So many amazing Mexican acts will be taking the stage…and while the gente in Miami might not appreciate some of these awesome artists…I’m looking forward to seeing pop duo Jessy & Joy, La Arrolladora Banda El Limón, 3BallMTY, and América Sierra.
- Pitbull: No further explanation needed.
- Comebacks: We have 2 highly anticipated comebacks happening on Thursday..and I can’t decide which one is the most exciting. First, Colombian singer/songwriter Carlos Vives returns to the “Premio” stage after 10 years of absence to debut the new single from his studio album “Volví a Nacer.”Also, after spending several years away from the limelight in order to devote all of her time to her family, novela superstar and recording artist Thalía will treat fans to a dazzling comeback premiering songs from the recently launched “Habítame Siempre,” her first studio recording in five years.
- The Tribute: This 25th Anniversary special will also present an uplifting tribute to the late Regional Mexican music mega-star Jenni Rivera. Adored by millions of fans in the U.S., Mexico and throughout Latin America, Rivera received five “Premio Lo Nuestro” nominations this year and was the winner of the most “Regional Mexican Female Artist of the Year” awards in the show’s history.
For those who need a reminder: The 25th Anniversary Edition of “Premio Lo Nuestro” will air on the Univision Network LIVE from Miami’s American Airlines Arena on February 21, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (7:00 p.m. Central).