Las Gringas Serve Up “Gringa Sangria” In This Week’s Comida Corner!
These gringas love a good glass of sangria! I’m pretty adventurous in the kitchen and really like to try new stuff when I have people around to eat or drink it. Entonces, when mi hermana came to town for a little visit, I came up with a simple recipe for white sangria which turned out so well, I had to blog about it. So, we will now be calling it Gringa Sangria, and you can find all the details you need including recipe, directions y fotos below! Be sure to make your way all the way to the bottom of the post for La Roja’s version of “making” sangria.
Gringa Sangria Recipe
- 3/4 Cup Peach Scnapps
- 1/2 Cup Mango Rum
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar (or Simple Syrup)
- 1 Bottle Riesling
- 2-3 Cups White Grape Juice
- 1 Large Peach
- 1 Medium Sized Pitcher
- Slice/cube the peach and place it in the bottom of the pitcher.
- Pour in both the schnapps and the rum.
- Add the sugar (or simple syrup) and stir (it will NOT dissolve right away).
- If the pitcher has a lid use it. If not, place a piece of plastic wrap over the top.
- Put the pitcher in the fridge and let the peaches, sugar and liquor sit overnight (or for a few hours at least).
- Remove the pitcher from the refrigerator.
- Add in the white wine and stir.
- Replace in refrigerator and let chill for 1-2 more hours.
- Add the fruit juice.
- It goes back in the fridge (si! aaaagain!) and let it chill 1-2 more hours.
- All done!
- Serve in pretty (or regular…) glasses to your familia y amigos!
Gringa Sangria is great on a boat!
La Roja’s Version of “making” Sangria.
Maybe you’re thinking that La Rubia is loca for making Gringa Sangria from scratch! If seven ingredients and four steps is too much for you, try it La Roja’s way.
- Purchase our favorite Sangria, Real Sangria, from the store…we really love the white!
- Open bottle and pour into glass of your choosing.
- Drink up and enjoy!!!
If you are serving more than 2 personas, you should definitely consider buying more then just 1 bottle of Real Sangria, it’s that rico!! Also, if you are feeling fancy….add some frutas which makes both the red and white Real Sangria just a little more dulce!