The Best of the 2012 Latin Billboards- Lo Mejor De Lo Mejor!
What a semana! With the arrival of the Premios Billboards and Conference, the 305 transformed into a mecca of musica latina. Artists traveling from all over joined in on the week-long celebration. The fun culminated on Thursday night with the Latin Billboards Awards, and you better believe I was there, camera in hand and dancing shoes on!
With the constant stream of estrellas down the red carpet, array of awesome live performances and more than a few big winners for the evening, I couldn’t possibly list everything here. So, I’ve narrowed it down to the Best of the Best aka Lo Mejor de lo Mejor of the night:
The Best of the Red Carpet/ Lo Mejor de la Alfombra Roja
There were so many lovely Latinas on the red carpet, I don’t even know where to begin! While all of the mujeres are lovely in their own way, we did see a lot of brightly colored gowns with glowing make-up…so Miami! Telemundo has a great gallery of the best vestidos from the evening.
Y yo? Well, my stylish amiga dressed me for the Premios with a bright red/white spotted dress with a low back and pleated skirt, paired with a light metallic jacket.
The Best of the Music/ Lo Mejor de la Musica
Now…this is a toughie. There were more than a few amazing acts during the Premios Billboard, so it’s hard to name just one Lo Mejor:
- Pitbull opened the show with a BANG (or should I say a DALE?)- Video
- Samo (from Camila) and Cristian Castro’s tribute to Selena- Video
- Olga Tañon and Gilberto Santa Rosa sing to Marc Anthony, who then joins them on stage…oh yes!- Video
- Don Omar and amigos take over the stage in a crazy/awesome spectacular- Video
However, I must mention that the majority of the artists were lip syncing their hits…not something I like to see, but it’s LIVE TV so it happens.
The Best of the Best/ Lo Mejor de Lo Mejor
With a room full of big names and talented artist, the winners of the Latin Billboards really can call themselves Lo Mejor de Lo Mejor. The biggest ganadores for the night were:
- Prince Royce- The 2012 Billboard Latin Artist of the Year! Not bad, right? Add to that 7 other awards and Prince had a very good night…to say the least.
- Don Omar- El Rey scored big gracias a Danza Koduro…taking home 8 premios including “Song of the Year” and “Latin Rhythm Artist of the Year”
Did I mention the after parties? They actually could merit a post all to their own, but sadly…I wasn’t able to snap many pics during the Telemundo and Universal Music Latin fiestas. Luckily the Huffington Post captured all the celebs I was rubbing elbows with on Jueves- so check it out!
Last, but not least, gracias a Telemundo for hosting this spectacular evening…Un beso!