La Roja’s Calle Ocho 2012 Event Guide!
This Sunday, March 11th is the 35th Calle Ocho Festival in Miami! It will be my first year time to experience the festival since moving to Miami last year, so I’m beyond excited and already overwhelmed! There is so much packed into this one day evento, so I’ve pulled together a must-see list for the day to help us all keep it straight!
With musical stages at every block showcasing top of the Latin chart performers, over 300 food vendors with international foods for all tastes and likes, tons of exhibits, giveaways, and games…there won’t be a dull moment on Sunday! My major concern, obviously, are the musical performers and making sure I don’t miss any of my favorites! So..here is my list:
- Jencarlos Canela: I mean…he is the Rey of Carnaval, so you can’t miss him! His name is all over the performers list across the stages, so most likely you will catch him at some point during the day!
- Sensato: This domincano is my personal must-see for Sunday and it looks like he is playing on 3 stages (Mega 94.9, Power 96, and Planet Pit) so hopefully I’ll have an easy time tracking him down!
- Plan B: At this point, I’m sure we all have heard “Si no le contesto” about 5 million times on the radio and you have to admit it’s catchy- so don’t miss out on your chance to see them perform it live on the Mega 94.9 stage!
- Flo-Rida and Jean Paul: The Power 96 stage is definitely going to be the place to be!
- Melina Almodavor: My favorite salsa singer in the city! Don’t forget to bring your dancing shoes and catch La Muñeca de la Salsa at the Telemundo stage 2PM and the Caracol stage at 5PM.
- Planet Pit Megastage: Do you even have to ask? I haven’t heard anything about Pitbull making an appearance this year, but you can bet I will be hanging out there just in case!! They also have VIP passes available if you are interested!
Times? Yeah…good luck. I’m still looking for any indication as to the times of the different performances. Please let me know if you come across a schedule or hear confirmation about when specific artists are expected to take the stage!